Saturday, July 14, 2007

Take a break from wedding photography.
That's why I did, on 29 Jun, when I spent half a day at Vivocity trying to capture some nice photos for the Vivocity photo competition. The deadline was the next day, and boy was I stressed. i think it is a continuation of my school days when I always left it to the final moment before studying for a test.

And there i was, with camera in hand, time against me, and scratching my head over what to shoot. The thought process was different from when i shoot weddings. To take a good wedding picture, it doesn't mean it has to be award-winning. For the competition, the photo needs to have a wider appeal and eye-catching. I didn't think mine were particularly eye-ctaching. True to my style, I think my photos are subtle, and understated. i was especially surprised by PC17......it was one of my personal favourite. It's a boy who is holding an apparently new toy and i share his delight in his joy. i didn't think it'll be a judge's favourite, but hey, prove me wrong, man!

Deep inside, I know I have always like to shoot children. Subconsciously, it crept into my photography and it turned out most of my favourite takes on the day were about children, or at least have children in them.

So, by a stroke of fortune, 4 of my entries have qualified for the semifinal and the photos are now on display at Vivocity. Please go down and take a look. You can actually stand to win prizes if you can guess te judges' favourite.

PC15 by Wong Khing Chong


PC16


PC17


PC18

2 comments:

Unknown said...

BW pictures always have this nice tone effect. I like PC16!

KC_Wong said...

Thanks. Go down to Vivo and take a look at the exhibition. I think there are some excellent pieces there.