Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Move

Amidst the chaos of postponed rain-induced photoshoots, lost internet connection, bout of flu, furniture shopping, packing, removal and getting ready for house-moving, I have inadvertably relegated blogging to the backburner.

Throughout my life, i must say I have moved many times. Let's not talk about childhood days because I didn't have to lift a finger. From university days till now, I have lived in Clementi, Bishan, Serangoon Garden and Punggol. And all these combined cannot match the colossal hassle that I am going through now for the next move.

I believe one reason for this is my daughter Yu Wen. You see, baby occupies perhaps only 1% of the floor space when she sleeps, but the amount of stuff she has can fill half the flat. And alot of it is mighty big items to boot. I don't understand why they have to make toys so big for a girl so small. The playpen, even after collapsing, is still bulky, not to mention those spongy alphabet and number mats, if even when i wanted to throw them down the rubbish chute, have to throw like at least 36 times (26 letters plus 10 numbers) before I can clear everything!

News reports that renovation cost has risen more than 20% and no wonder I am constantly short of money. It wouldn't be such a hassle if I have a huge budget. The problem is I don't have one and everyone can testify how hard it is to look for something that's not too ex and quite good (I am a non-believer of cheap-and-good).

After this episode, my wife claims that she won't be able to stomach another move again.

Well, let's see.

No comments: