Saturday, May 12, 2007

There's news report today that says that "the effects of media exposure on children's development are more likely to be adverse before the age of about 30 months than afterwards", according to a study conducted by Uni. of Washington, Seattle.

Which means that babies/children who watch TV regularly, even if the show is "educational", can have negative effect on brain development!

A separate study showed that teenagers who watch even an hour's TV a day have a higher risk of poor school performance.

My goodness! Now you see Yu Wen sitting on the sofa and watching you-know-what, and I have every reason to be worried.


I finally know why my grasp of mathematics is restricted to 1-0, 2-1 or 4-3 after sitting in front of the TV for more than 90 minutes watching football! It gets even worse when the match went into extra-time and penalty kicks.

No TV in my new home. Serious.

No comments: