Friday, May 04, 2007


I have this collage as the wallpaper on my notebook.
It's the biggest motivation and inspiration and consolation when I want to shift my attention away from work.
The collage never fails to bring a smile to my face.

We had a really great time in Bali, and I am still sorting out the pictures.

During the few days we spent together as a family from dawn till dusk, my wife and I witnessed a few new words and actions Yu Wen picked up. In the past, she only knew how to say "yes!", albeit with a very strong emphasis on the ssss.... You ask her about everything, she'd say "essss...". now she can shake her head and hands to express "No!", which is not a very good thing when we tried to feed her meals, get her to change, put her in the stroller etc.....

gosh! my little baby who couldn't even lift up her head to drink milk now has a strong will of her own!

time flies.....and just like the futility in trying to hold mercury in your hands, I can only stop and admire the ever changing transformation TIME has on my little girl.

Don't just busy oneself with work, children are like little flowers. We got to stop and squat down to admire their true splendour and beauty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your baby girl is gorgeous!

Btw, I love the way your photos convey feelings and, to a certain extent, thoughts. They really do speak a thousand words!

I've gotta learn to have more control over my exposure settings on my d80. Still have a long way to go.

Unknown said...

children humble you. you are so right. we physically and emotionally have to bring ourselves down to their level and we are suprised that they have as much to teach us as we have, to them.

the fact that you are so good with them (not just your little one but kids in general) is personally, what I find to be a good sign in a photographer. that you observe them as they are and not what parents often what them to be. it's hard to work with kids because they can really try your patience but if you just let them, you'll find how easily they can make it worth your while.

zEaLoUsMe™ said...

true.... that collage has magic.. it made me smile too!!! u r too good at this profession!!!