Friday, February 15, 2008

Balik Kampung

The Lunar New Year was a good break. I, being a Malaysian, have to go back to Johor for the reunion dinner and the subsequent 1st day of the new year. It got off to an inauspicious start because there was a terrible jam at both the Woodlands and Tuas checkpoints entering JB, otherwise it was an uneventful new year.

Not so for Yu Wen. Our home town is in Ulu Tiram, a small town about 30km from the causeway. My grandma's house is one of those typical big Malaysian houses and there was plenty of room for her to roam. There is a big but tame rottweiler mix, several huge kois in a man-made pond (the biggest is almost one metre in length), which are all very interesting in her eyes.

In addition, my youngest uncle has a daughter who is only 6 months older than Yu Wen, so she had great company.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 meter kois?!?! It'll be very interesting in my eyes too!:D

Happy New Year and have a properous year ahead!:D

eiklin said...

the photos are so retro and the cars are so 70s, just like the photos i was in when i was a kid!

KC_Wong said...

Wansheng: Yeah man, the fish has been around for years and it's the greediest of the lot. You put your hand in the water and it'll come sucking your fingers so loudly that it forgets about table manners.

KC_Wong said...

Eiklin:
I like old photos.
I can't wait 20 years for my daughter's photos to turn old, so I make the new ones old right now.

People might think those are my wife's pictures!

Unknown said...

Yu Wen is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I like how your pics of Yu Wen turned out...so retro :)