Monday, June 30, 2008

Wedding and Food

I seldom eat at wedding receptions (except for buffet). Contrary to what I always explain to people who ask, the reasons for not eating are

1) it's not because I am shy (but sometimes I do)
2) I eat this hotel food all the time, sick of it already
3) I need to be on my toes all the time to capture moments (that's a good one)
4) I didn't prepare a red packet

but, the real reason is chiefly because I don't want people to see I have a big appetite.

You see, I would "clean up" almost every dish, especially the steamed fish; I hate it when waiters request to clear the plate when the fish head is still sitting invitingly on it, and I always stop them from doing so.

Image matters.

But still, it's a nice gesture from clients who prepare my place card and a seat and a meal for me. It helps that the food has a nice presentation, so that I can get near it on the pretext of taking nice pictures of it before it disappears right in front of the camera, and into the photographer's stomach.

And contrary to what most people think, wedding couples are not my favourite subjects, food is. :)









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi KC,

Glad that you enjoyed the food (which was our main objective as well), but we're even happier that we have such beautiful pictures to capture our special day.

Thanks again for being there to share the occasion with us.

Cheers,

Gary and Lena.