Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Chance Meeting


1st bride to 2nd bride: "Hi. Getting married today?"
2nd bride:" Yes...and you too?" (I'm a prettier bride.)
1st bride:" Yes...today is a good date....which floor do you live on?"
2nd bride:" 7. You?" (I'm prettier.)
1st bride:" 9, 2 floors higher."
2nd bride:" Your groom's name is not Chris, I hope?" (My eyes are bigger.)
1st bride:" Oh no no no....not Chris. Doesn't even sound remotely like it."
2nd bride:" Mine is Chris. A good man." (Confirmed. I'm a prettier bride!)
1st bride:" And a good day to you."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Wedding Photojournalism A Fad?

i like this article.

and i like ur self-directed conversation even more!, i think the chance meeting is a very rare event, and to be able to snap such a shot at the lift of a hdb flat, is really incredible!

KC_Wong said...

Are you Chris Lim or Chris Tai or neither?

anyway, thanks! I guess capturing moments like these has become an instinct that was cultivated from my years as a photojournalist with the newspapers.

Anonymous said...

I think the expression of the other photographer is even more priceless ;).

Anonymous said...

Chris Tai here. Yes, I noticed the expression of the other photographer. That's what we all call, priceless. Its much better than MasterCard definitely. And KC, if you rem, there was a picture of us walking out of the block, with a dead bird at the side. That picture spoke a thousand words of life n death