Monday, February 16, 2009

The Vanilla of Wedding Photography

There are many brands of bicycles around, notably the aptly named Giant, Specialized, Trek and Scott (just to name a few) who serve a huge market, and with factories and distribution network all over the world.

On the opposite side are those one-man bike-maker-designer or small teams in some obscure scenic villages expertly welding some really fantastic bikes for a selected clientele whom do not mind waiting 5 years for the delivery of their bikes. (Yes, 5 years!) Examples are Independent Fabrication (IF), Vanilla, Dave Kirk and Seven.

I am naturally attracted to the latter group of bike-makers because I respect their dedication and time and effort to perfect a piece of art for the clients. I hope to be like them, in my field of wedding photography. I'd want my clients to be filled with joy when they receive the album, just like I would when I receive my custom-fit bicycle.

When I delivered the DVD slideshow to Jason and Tessalin, I cycled to their apartment (which is not too far away). In my mind, the above-mentioned thought ran through my mind and when I watched their expressions as the slideshow played before them, I knew for sure I want to be the IF or Vanilla of wedding photography.

Fortunately, they need not wait 5 years for the album.


















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is pretty mate:D i like it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful works! Nice Black and White tones.

So which brand of bike did you get?

=p

KC_Wong said...

WS: Thanks...but I am not sure if you are referring to the photos, the bride or the bikes.

TLTAN: Thanks, Colin. Any good news yet? But the way, how come you stopped updating your blog?

In the end, I got myself a 2nd hand titanium bike, 2nd hand everything. Only the saddle is new.

Unknown said...

I also been thinking about cycling lately :) http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/ducati-bianchi/

Anonymous said...

KC, was busy lah. =p Geraldine ask why you never post your boy's photo. =p

For you, I went through to update my blog ah. hahahaa. =)