Thursday, September 20, 2007

I once read that what creative directors look for in an advertising photographer is his/her personal work. It's the personal vision that sets one apart from the other, and it offers a refreshing and unbiased insight into the photographer's mind. I very much agree with this.

it's a shame that I have slacked behind when it comes to shooting for personal enjoyment. Wedding photographers spend 10-12 hours per wedding having our hands glued to the camera. On most days-off, the last thing I want to carry is a camera!

However, after shooting for a few photo competitions, I rediscovered that when I shoot a subject that's not wedding-related, I tend to see things a little differently. That brings a new joy in photography, and it seems as though I have reinvented a hobby.

I have always wanted to do more street photography, as to have accessibility to a certain location/subject is a good starting point. My wife's office is near Rochor, so Sungei Rd Thieves market become the most obvious subject for now. Even though the photos below are a bit "unrefined" and not up to the mark, it's a start. Working towards the level of my idol---Trent Parke!







No comments: