Friday, December 14, 2007

Just Like A Gathering

I had a wonderful time last Sunday at Wilmer (or better known as Munch) and Ling's wedding. You see, I've known Munch since the late eighties when we were both in the formerly known as The Chinese High School and Ling since 1991. It's been a long time, and Ling and I stayed at the same hall of residence (Temasek Hall, where I was the permanent squatter). That's why shooting their wedding was like a gathering of sorts, where I saw many familiar faces, catching up (albeit briefly) with old friends.

Even though some of them are already parents to many children, but the bantering between them seemed a throwback to the college days where familiar corny jokes were cracked at will and we were 17 or 18 again. It was a good feeling; I certainly felt a warmth inside me.

Certainly a perk of my job.

And what struck me was the number of children-related photos I have for this wedding. Is the photographer's interpretation and vision an extension of his/her life? After becoming a parent, maybe I start to see things differently. Well, the verdict is still out.....we'll see.









I actually did two versions of slideshow here. One was my direct interpretation of the day (a very fun one) but my wife, being my biggest critic, felt that I should make it more romantic. So after some editing, I came out with version 2.

Click for "fun" slideshow

Click for "romantic" slideshow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent set of photos!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I prefer the fun version.. I dun really like Mandarin song but that tune managed to give a heartwarming feeling somehow.. Felt there was more energy to the fun version than the romantic one which may seem alil draggy at times..* my 2 cents worth* :o)
Generally, KC I still prefer your style!
Kudos dude!