Monday, January 07, 2008

Beaching About It

At last, there is a small window of opportunity to blog.
But then again, the mind is willing, the pen is weak. Don't know what I can write about, except gripe about the amount of work, the toll it has taken on my body, and the lack of time to recharge and find new inspiration.

Brought my daughter out to the beach for the first time in many months. We listened to the waves, walked on the sand, searched for crabs inside fissures of rocks, spotted fishing boats, a helicopter and an eagle, felt the sea breeze, watched the sunset, and basically just having a good time. I think I enjoyed/needed it more than she did.

Tomorrow, I will be flying to Jakarta to shoot a wedding. The day I come back to Singapore is a short pre-wedding, and a wedding the next day. Even though Chinese New Year to me is a sedated affair, I have never looked forward to it now more than any other time.














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woww...that's exactly how I feel right now! I'm really looking forward to CNY too, but really more so to catch up on my backlog. It's funny how you just work, work, work and the world goes by all so quickly. The ones closest to you tend to get neglected - which is kind of what's happening to me as well.

Better apply some brakes :)

Take care man!

KC_Wong said...

Hence the idea of a court soccer game and CNY lunch sound really good to me.