Thursday, January 31, 2008

Time (pieces) is (very) precious

Caught the watch bug since many months ago, but didn't have the budget to acquire some nice pieces. The story started more than 1 year ago when one of my clients works for Richemont, one of the biggest luxury goods groups and owns brands such as Vacheron Constantin, Panerai, Jaeger-LeCoultre, IWC, A. Lange & Sohne, Cartier, Piaget, just to name a few. Through work and casual conversations, I was drawn into the world of mechanical watches and there was no looking back. It was made "worse" when my good friend caught the bug independently and bought himself an IWC chronograph automatic watch.

Some of the timepieces are really beautiful and what one likes and wears also reflects one's personality as well. Unfortunately, like all things in life: so many choices, so little money. I am still learning, still discovering. Luckily, this part is free. There is as much joy in researching it as owning one timepiece.

I still have my other passion in wedding photography! Better still, it's free and I even get paid for it!





No comments: