Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Break A Leg

Now, John & Cathy and I went back a long way.
I met up with them, together with John's elder sister Ann and her husband Henry, two years ago.

Henry was also a Chinese High alumni and was one of my football kakis, but Ann found my website independently. Talking about being in a small world!

They originally planned to have a church wedding together, meaning two couples being solemnised simultaneously, in year 2007. Unfortunately, God had other ideas and He decided to "cripple" John's leg in a football game a couple of months before the wedding last year.

So there, Ann and Henry went ahead with the wedding, and John and Cathy finally had theirs in June 2008. The only price John had to pay was: he had to swear off football until the wedding was over.

Hmmm...I wonder if anybody wished him "Break a leg" just before the bride walked down the aisle?

You can watch the trailer here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, to think that I've only torn a meniscus playing soccer :P

Gives a new meaning to the phrase "zham ka" eh?

Unknown said...

KC, I can't wait to see the rest of the photos!!! They're simply lovely... seeing these almost made me tear again. *sniff*

Btw, John had to swear off soccer for just the 3 months leading up to the wedding. Think if he couldn't play for a year he would peng san! But after he gets back from his honeymoon, he'll prob be back on the field with a vengeance!

Unknown said...

Oh and I forgot... actually, it was Cathy who found you through a colleague, and it was when she was telling me about you that Henry overheard and realized we could be talking about you. So now with John & Cathy's wedding, we've come full circle!

yeongest said...

Cathy & I absolutely love it, KC. Thanks again for your help and patience, and we can't wait to see the rest of it either once we're back! Cheers.