Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Still a spiffy 17-year-old

I also shot Boy Boy over the last weekend. It was a kind of a sombre shoot, even though on the outside, I was being "professional" about it and went about doing the job with smiles.

The story goes like this: Boy Boy is a 17-year-old Poodle cross which my past client has had for almost 15 years. In her own words, "at this old age he has lost his hearing, sight, and also kinda senile already. He has heart and dental problems and is on medication for life. He suffered from stroke twice over the last 12 mths but managed to recover. Boy boy is a strong doggy, he never give himself up. "

And I was told Boy Boy can drop dead anytime, as warned by the vet, but he has since delayed the death sentence for a year already.

"We really hope to have something of boy boy that we can keep forever, hence (we )thought of having a photography session with him, like a family portrait."



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

KC,you really caught the spirit here and told the story with 3 pictures.

1st one, how loved the dog is by the owner

2nd one, how happy they are together

3rd one, how sad the dog and the owners will be when the time comes for boy boy to cross over.

BOY BOY, Be strong!

The post brought a heartwrenching feeling to me...I almost teared really. He has been a strong dude but time beats all men and dogs...

All the best and keep healthy!

Regards,
Colin

KC_Wong said...

Thanks Colin!
I think you just nailed it.
That's exactly what I was trying to say in this 3-picture photoessay.

I especially like the last pix because he looks like he's ready to ride into the sunset with dignity.

Anonymous said...

I sobbed when I read this. Extremely touching and very well captured in your pictures. Appreciate your work.

Anonymous said...

Yah, I agree on the riding into the sunset wth dignity. great work coz when i look at the pictures, i just keep thinking of the great sadness when the pet pass on (which is a matter of time for all pets.........)

Keep it up!

Cheers,
Colin