Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Something old, something new

On the day filled with tributes paid to the late fighter JBJ, I think it's quite apt that I post some wedding pictures of two legal professionals, Andrew and Yanni.

When I was still a photojournalist with Today, I had shot JBJ before, at a cosy, little hotel near Waterloo St. Beneath those big, piercing eyes were actually a grandfatherly soul who went his way to better the political system in Singapore.

I had often seen him selling his books at City Hall MRT station several times, but had never gone forward and purchase one from him. I will never have that chance again.

Fortunately, I had the chance to document Andrew and Yanni's wedding. I knew Yanni's bridesmaid, Shing, since JC days and it was through her that Yanni and I hooked up.

















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

another piece of good work from you:)

bring me to your shoots someday ya?:)

Anonymous said...

bro, great work again. and u like to shoot through armpits ah. =)

I liked the shot of the kid in the church looking back! and the bride during the veiling.

Good luck,
Colin

KC_Wong said...

Thanks WS!
Pls lah....take you along? When people see feldberyl, they will think I am the short, fat assistant!

KC_Wong said...

Mr Colin, very free in San Diego ya! Still got time to read my blog? How's Diana doing? Having fun with her? Ha Ha!

You don't know I am known as the armpit photographer meh? But seriously, that's not an armpit.

Anonymous said...

Its an elbow. haha.

Anyway, Ms diana has been shot 4X. (2 accidental). Thank you for the gift.

Nice series lah.