Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Child Bride

No, please do not be misled by the title. The bride is not under-aged, but she was, when I first knew her.

Eliza was actually one of my tuition students when she was in Secondary 2. I also tutored her younger brother and sister and now, here I am, photographing her wedding. Back in those days, my teaching style was not very refined (still is) and there were times when the siblings were reduced to tears when their work didn't match my expectation. Thank goodness I had the mandate of their mother, who would even chip in a word or two when they need a kick in the rear. Today, all of them are young successful adults in their own chosen fields.

It was a pleasant surprise for both of us when she found out that I am a wedding photographer. It was a reunion of sorts and to be able to yet be part of this family for the wedding is so special.

Of course, I have to mention the groom, Daniel, as well. He's a great guy, knowledgeable, unassuming and looks the part of someone who can take care of Eliza for life. The fact that he's been wooing and waiting for her for close to 10 years say a lot about him.

In the end, after making her cry during those tuition days, I was almost reduced to tears on her wedding day. Guess it's payback time.





















2 comments:

Eliza said...

Hey Khing Chong. Daniel's head just got bigger because of your kind words! :) It was our honour and great pleasure to have you capture the moments at our wedding - I have received many compliments over the amazing photos. And for the record - you were a GREAT tutor, how many undergrads then could turn around a once D grade economics student into an A grade for the "A" levels. Happy to see you pursue your passion and achieve success. After seeing your work, I realise the true meaning of the saying "a picture speaks a thousand words".

Anonymous said...

Mr Wong KC, solid tutor and photographer!

great feel in this series. nice B&W conversion!