Thursday, May 07, 2009

Joy Kids Bring

Following up on the last post on family, this is an update on the 2 kids back home.

The little boy is a cry baby/whiner/complain king all rolled into one.

Sleepy, he cries. Wakes up, he cries. Hungry, he cries. Want to eat some more, he cries. Head knocks lightly on hard objects, he cries. Change clothes, he cries. Put him alone in playpen, he cries. Sun shines on his eyes, he cries.

His constant whines and cries have become so consistent, regular and mundane that the only way to deal with it is to treat it like we treat road traffic hubbub as background noise. After a while, it really works! I don't hear him now like I don't hear the cars zooming past on roads below my flat. We are however, very glad that he is getting along fine with "jie jie" Yu Wen. In fact, she is the only person who can guarantee a hearty laugh from him, no matter how cranky he is.

Talking about the sister, she's fast becoming, if not already, a chatterbox. Being chatty is one thing, being LOUD is another. If being loud does not catch our attention, she'd sometimes spew amazing words that make me tear. For example, I always like to tease her. One day, I was reading Little Red Riding Hood (English version) and when it came to the dialogue parts, I purposely spoke in Mandarin. Seeing that her face turned blank and emotionless, I asked her if she was angry (that I am pulling her leg).

Then came her reply with a deadpan face:" I am not angry. I'm just disappointed." Suddenly, I was like this stand-up comedian who just told a joke that nobody laughed at. I quickly apologised and got on with the story.....in English.

All pictures taken with Sony Ericsson k770i

Yu Wen, with what she called "leaf satay".


Baby Brother sits on grass for the first time, and you guess it----he cried.


The Sheik

1 comment:

Tey Yong How said...

Hey KC. I just happened to pop into your blog and saw this post. Looks like you are having a hard time with your boy.

Somehow you made me feel more fortunate that my boy is a cries a little lesser. =p

Keep up your great pics too!