Monday, May 04, 2009

Esther & Terence

There are not many Heng Hua people (a minority clan based in Putian, China) in Singapore. I married one, and Terence married the other.

Now, I don't know much about Heng Hua people or culture, except for the fact that they have a wonderfulicious mee sua dish that my wife has perfected in cooking and I, perfected in devouring. The mee sua is thicker and more salty than the usual ones with a nice texture (relatively more expensive) and another special ingredient is the black seaweed that needs to be fried with the right amount of heat. This seaweed is very special and you can't find it anywhere except for one or two specialty provision shops (I swear by this particular supplier, who sells it like it's black gold and super aloof).

It's their tradition to eat this mee sua at weddings. I had 2 bowls at my own wedding. But for those who have no chance to eat home-cooked Heng Hua mee sua, you might want to try Min Zong at Maude Road, who still serves the more authentic and tasty mee sua in Singapore.

Sorry I got carried away....this is a wedding photography blog, not a food blog after all.



Trying to bribe his way in through the page boy......


When that fails, try the mother-in-law.





Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairer of us all?




He is looking a little upset because he just bumped his head on my big lens. Sorry pal. Next time I'll be careful and won't let another kid hurt you.




Smile, smile (nervously)














After downing many a concoction, as in all boisterous weddings, the groom will end up hugging anyone on sight.


No comments: