Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Young & The Bold

Some of you may remember recent pictures of Ann Shae at her 2nd birthday party. Well, she now has a younger sister named Annabel and they had a full-month party at Il Lido, Sentosa, a couple of weekends ago.

Ken & Eileen were one of the first 5 couples who put their faith and money in this rookie/part-time press photographer to shoot their wedding. I felt so honoured at that time (at least 5 years ago) and the wedding was so fun to shoot because they were surrounded by many loved ones and fun-loving friends. From then, I went on to shoot several more of the friends' weddings and it brought tingle to my tummy that Ken & Eileen still tasked me to continue document their family celebrations.

I really hope I can last many more years in this industry. We hear of the old neighbourhood fishball noodle stall, the family doctor or dentist who takes care 2 or 3 generations of a family, the familiar face who has been around serving customers for decades.

Can we have a friendly family photographer?

Imagine my client saying:" Hey grandson, this is the photographer who shot ah-gong's wedding. You should check him out."

Grandson:" Err...ok ah-gong....let me consider. But you really think Uncle KC can still shoot while sitting on the wheelchair?"











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice composition as usual. and i really like the colors in this series! very suitable for the set.great work KC

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos! You did a great job, and make it look so easy. :-)