Friday, August 24, 2007

After every National Day rally, I can always expect tons of newspaper articles doing the massive post-rally analyses. The stories, interviews, charts and figures would come at readers thick and fast like fireworks.

Apparently, the point of interest is Punggol 21, or after a delay of 10 years, has been upgraded to Punggol 21+.

Then comes the erection of more ERP gantries and the extension of ERP hours. Punggol residents like me will be affected both ways, if we wish to use the CTE. One thing I don't understand is that the KPE is going to be opened soon, and from what I read and heard, it's supposed to help with easing the congestion of CTE, since it'd help divert eastbound traffic from North and Northeast.

Why can't the "garmen" mointor the situation 1st after KPE is thrown into operation before deciding to add to the traveling costs for commuters? If KPE can do what it's planned to do, then there won't be a need to have more ERP gantries and longer ERP hours on CTE.
Haven't they read about the highest rise in inflation rate in 12 years?

Actually, i'd love to own an apartment in district 9, so that I can avoid paying so much ERP. Unfortunately the foreigners have priced me out of the market, hence I have to settle for living somewhere faraway by the sea. If you think I have got my flat on the cheap, think again. What about higher fuel and ERP costs? There is no free lunch in this world.

I think PM Lee, in his zest to resell Punggol 21+, forgot to mention ERP++.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they renamed "count on me singapore" to "count ma nee singapore"


dude, need to one day ask u about queensberry albums. just received the starter kit

KC_Wong said...

anytime.
ok if you want me to drop in your studio. I always hang around rochor area anyway.