Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back from a Bali shoot.
Left Singapore on Sunday evening and reached the hotel in Bali at around 1045pm.
Was so looking forward to the EPL clash between Liverpool and Chelsea, only to find that even though they have satellite TV, they don't have Football Channel. What an anti-climax!

I wonder how this new Starhub deal works out to be like----what was once ESPN domain has now been diverted to Football Channel, and does it mean that hotels in this region will not have the rights to screen EPL matches to guests anymore? Or is it because my hotel didn't pay extra to add the Football Channel, hence guests like me were deprived of the opportunity to watch EPL matches?

At first, I was apathetic (like most Singaporeans and PRs) towards the hiking of fees by Starhub on the EPL channels, because I thought I'd be paying anyway. Now that it is coming back and bites me where it hurts most.....I am angry!

It's going to affect my future travel plans----choice of hotels (must ask them "Got Football Channel or not huh?", time of travel (avoid weekends) etc.

No comments: