Friday, August 17, 2007

Back to blogging ways.
I must admit I have been very slack in updating my blog.
There are other things that are occupying my mind these past couple of weeks, and they are not all photography-related.

1st, I had to cut my daughter's hair.
To say that she is difficult to handle is putting it mildly.
Ever since young, she wouldn't let us hold her hands---she'd simply shrug our hands away if my fingers ever reached within 5 cm of her fingernails. Nobody can mess with her hair, not even ruffling it. If you so much as to hint that you want to comb/tie her hair up, she'd let you know of her disapproval in an audible way.

I once brought her to a professional kids' salon 2 months ago, hoping that the pro could do a better job. The moment the hair-stylist put the drape on her, she started wailing like her hair was on fire. No amount of Barney's VCD could placate her (they have little TV screens at the seat to distract the kids).Not that she knew who Barney was, anyway. So the hairstylist nipped and trimmed, and for what seemed like an eternal 5 minutes, her hair was cut. I thought I heard the stylist murmur "Easy Money, man!" (just kidding).

So after that episode, I have decided to pocket the $16 myself and offered my baby a quickie haircut. It was my 1st time. After my wife saw the end result, I think it should be my last as well.

Before....



After....



From the looks of it, i think Yuwen was not too pleased either.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!!!! I assure you that I also think its ur last haircut for her

Anonymous said...

You are not alone. I have to go through this experience 4 times a year. My Yang Yang is so notorious that 1 hair salon has ban him from coming again. Usually I have to put him sitting on my thigh, while my arms lock tight his arms. Then my wife will hold his head still, while the poor hairdresser try shave him as soon as possible. Must shave him botak so his hair can last for 4 months.

enghong said...

OMG!! Talented photographer, not hairstylist..... :p


P.S. The last pic looks so cute.....like "I don't want to talk to you anymore"

Anonymous said...

Hahahaaaa!!! Was the fringe cut that way on purpose?

Anonymous said...

hey, don't worry about it, it just shows you're a very trendy hairstylist. nowadays there are people who pay top dollar to get their fringes cut like that by professional hairstylists at chi-chi salons. :p
(i'm really not kidding!)

KC_Wong said...

Thanks for your encouragement.
Even if the haircut looks avant garde, and i get such generous and positive feedback from some of you, I am persisting with photography and not thinking about a career switch yet.

i am not sure how many children's childhood will be scarred if I do swap camera for scissors.