Wednesday, October 31, 2007

{Economy}
I wonder if anyone, like me, has noticed that prices in Singapore have risen faster than what the government would like us to believe.

I mean, beside wedding day photography rates, the prices of petrol, bread, flats, ERP charges, noodle soup, utility bills, rentals, advertising fees, raw otah from Malaysia, peanuts, pork and many other items who have yet to directly hit my wallet or that has escaped my attention.

Some items have risen more than 50% (like some choice apartments which seem increasingly likely to remain a dream) and my daily bread has suddenly jumped from 60cents to 70 (that's more than 15%). Things are getting really expensive and with the threat of global inflation looming, the consequences of a suspected US rate cut is certainly a worrying and myopic measure.

{Transport}
Singapore drivers are a pain in the ass (if you are reading this and if you drive, but if you are also my friend, then I am referring to you). They think they are good drivers, by speeding recklessly, but what distinguish them from a Hamilton is Lewis knows when to apply the brakes.

They don't like to signal. You know sometimes a lane can be a right-turn lane as well as a forward lane (where they have 2 arrows), and some cars just stop at the red light and never signal their intention to turn right only after the traffic light turns green. I, being the foolish one (for being behind this car because I am going straight) will get stranded until the guy in front turns right. I think it's basic courtesy to signal early so that other drivers are forewarned early.

When they signal their attention to filter into my lane during tight situations, I will let them in in front of me (depending on my mood). Many many many of them thought that it was their skills that enabled them to filter in because I never never ever get a "thank you" gesture from them. That really turns me off and it makes me not wanting to give way in future and thus a vicious cycle ensues. We are simply not gracious enough to even say a Thank You.

Enough complaints.

I want to share another slideshow. This set of pictures are old but at that time, my post-processing skills weren't polished. After some new treatment and given a different interpretation, I love the effect of it. New wine from an old bottle can taste just as good, if not better!

Wedding Slideshow of Jodi & Christian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The photos are lovely - am getting a bit worried cos I may not have enough time for great shots like these and what if it rains (the way it has been these days)? Will we get nice pics indoors? What if it's too hot outdoors and we perspire too much? What if .... am counting on your magic on 6 Jan!
PS: yes, totally agree with you abt drivers not gesturing thank you and not signaling when they are turning - applies to those coming from the opposite direction too!