Thursday, October 04, 2007

Some couples have asked me:"What can you do in 2 hours?"
They are referring to the number of hours I quote for pre-wedding shoots.
You see, I usually tell them I am not in favour of a full day shoot because I feel that
1. I will get tired, you will get tired, and tired faces don't make good pictures.

2. We can focus on just 1 nice location with a few possibilities. I can concentrate on getting quality shots and not be bothered by the logistics. Location-hopping will tend to result in shooting the formulaic and tried and tested because you have to...er, location-hop? In 1 location, I can observe and study the light and the elements there, to bring out the best, the unexpected, and thus make every session as unique as possible.

3. I can choose the best 2 hours of the day to shoot, usually near sunset, when there is excellent light. If couples can wake up early, I don't mind doing it at sunrise. :)

4. I will get tired, you will get....have I mentioned that already?

These are some of the pictures taken over a 2-hour period. I am very happy with the results. So do Alex and Amanda [I think. Haha (nervous laughter)].





No comments: