Sunday, May 18, 2008

Details

I always tell my clients-to-be upfront that I won't spend a lot of time taking pictures of details because even though I understand those details probably cost them a lot of money, I don't want to spend too much time capturing them, at the expense of losing some spontaneous or "humanistic" moments, thereby costing my clients more "expensive" memories.

What I'll do is probably spend 15-20 minutes before the start of the event to document the most unique and impressive details that define the theme of the wedding; or better still incorporate the details in the visual narrative, instead of shooting them a la "product photography".

Well, the details in this wedding are certainly impressive, thanks to the work done by Hannah & her team from Heaven's Gift. I'd say it's 20 minutes well spent.




Tourists flocking to Japan to admire at the cherry blossoms....NOT.


I was told that this is THE first ice bar in Singapore that is constructed with crystal ice....whatever the difference it has from coffeeshop ice I don't know, but it sure is "cool"!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cheery blossoms are pretty!:D

I agree totally with the part on details. 15mins is probably all I'd invest.

Anonymous said...

tan yoong gown, awesome details wow. wonderfully captured man.

KC_Wong said...

WS: Thanks. And "ying siong shuo jian lue tong" (heroes see eye to eye).

KC_Wong said...

Ead: Thanks. They are certainly impressive. You'd have loved them too. It's quite hard to take bad pictures of them.

Anonymous said...

i'd agree on both counts - tan yoong gowns and details ;)

Hannah Chong said...

Hi KC,

Just got to see these pictures, thanks to Ead for reminder...
I am so eager to see all your pictures...

Adnil said...

KC...we're dying to see the pics!! :P

Btw, the group photo captions are hilarious!