Thursday, May 01, 2008

It's the thought that counts

Read in the papers that people who are millionaires (with assets worth at least USD1 million, excluding their houses) are not very optimistic about the future. In fact, those who have assets in excess of USD20 million constantly worry about the future and they don't feel "wealthy" at all.

Part of the conclusion was that these people might have spent beyond their means to constantly keep up with the Jonses. I also read somewhere that it is not about how much one earns, but how much one saves.

Well, I am very glad that I am not a millionaire, otherwise I will have been a very depressed man. That goes to show that we shouldn't aim to become a millionaire. From today onwards, the route to happiness, instead of "I want to be a millionaire!", should be: "I want to feel like a millionaire!"

But boy, at least let me be depressed once in my life to know how it feels like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there's a very quick way to let you be "depressed".

go to our southern neighbour and try to draw some cash from the ATM. you probably will never see so many zeros in ur bank account before:P

Anonymous said...

haha, someone's been reading =)

KC_Wong said...

Wan Sheng: No need to go and withdraw the money. I've already got millions stashed somewhere in the shoe boxes. Definitely come in handy when I buy Coke in Bali.

Ead: Yes, although I am a cameraman, I did go to school for a few years before I dropped out to work because my parents stopped sending me money. I can read, and with hard work and determination, I believe I can feel like a millionaire!