Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'm shooting in the rain, I'm squirming in the rain

Victoria and Peter had their little solemnisation ceremony earlier this month near the ficus tree, Sentosa. I didn't know a small pavilion has been built in the middle of the pond until the couple told me about it. It is meant for small groups, and there is more than enough room because there are only the couple, the JP and four witnesses.

The weather was touch and go, with the rain playing hide-and-seek with us. Looking at the place, I knew I had to photograph the ceremony from a distance, so that I can show the place and its environs. If I had stayed near the couple, the pictures will look like they were taken any other place in Singapore.

So I had to tread the mushy grass patch, with umbrella in one hand, camera in another, I was busy clicking away as the rain poured. In the end, it was a risk I had to take, and the results have been more than satisfactory.
























1 comment:

A traveler looking for home said...

Love the photo of the couple kissing under the umbrella