Monday, June 01, 2009

All's not lost

Over a three-day consecutive run of bad luck, at least I got to cover a wonderful/simple/elegant wedding, but not before I fret if the curse would descend upon the wedding day shoot. Fortunately, all went smoothly, and it capped a string of mishaps.

First, as some of you already knew, I lost the handphone that contains my contacts, calendar entries, and pictures and videos of my babies since they were born. That was a huge emotional loss. Then, there was a "trivial" HDB car park fine of $100, because I have parked at the unloading bay for a "brief" 30 mins. The next morning, I discovered my car's right side-mirror was smashed and the mirror was hanging like a decapitated head over my window. For no apparent reason. I was properly parked within legal limits, not obstructing any traffic, and it happened only in a 4-hour window from 4.30am to 8.30 am. The morning after, I got ice-cold water spilled on my trousers by a careless waiter at a cafe.

That prompt my wife to send me packing to all the different temples/churches/mosques to appease the gods/deities/fairies and stopped short of "hitting the small person", using a clog to hit a paper effigy.

Monday just started.....and I am looking forward to the week with baited breath.

But here's a set of pre-wedding pictures to freshen up.










2 comments:

CK said...

this series is beautiful. Awesome images.

KC_Wong said...

Thanks. Coming from you, these words are worth so much more.