Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Morning Scare

When my wife and I were at a lift lobby this morning, we overheard a woman on the phone (speaking in Mandarin):

"I'm sorry.....for the past two days, I had to stay at home because my family was served a notice to stay home for 7 days due to the H1N1. My son's school was affected.

I couldn't stand it, so I came out of the house after two days and I'll be faxing the document to you right away!"

When the lift door opens, I whispered to my wife not to follow her into the lift.

Such irresponsible behaviour. I'm sure there are many such examples around. I think this virus will be amongst us for a long time to come.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Indeed very irresponsible behaviour...Low social awareness and pure selfishness...If your area have more affected people then you can identify the woman as the main culprit

Anonymous said...

you should have tell her off on the spot.

She deserves some scolding. she didnt know or realised that she might spread to those that cannot afford to catch the flu.

Initially, the new cases are very responsible, dial 993 for ambulance etc... but the behaviour has dramatically dropped.

LuckyBoy1420 男孩像我 said...

another nice lovely blog.