Friday, June 12, 2009

Pre-wedding-turn-family session

Yew Shen was one of my schoolmates from the now-defunct The Chinese High School. He was also one of the "brothers" for two of my CHS clients. I was glad my work made an impression on him so much so that he called me up one day to task me for a pre-wedding session with his wife, Vicky.

Now Yew Shen is a very busy lawyer. And I mean real busy. On the day of the shoot, he had to go back to the office at short notice, and had his handphone glued to his ear for almost the rest of the shoot, which incidentally was more than an hour behind schedule because he got home late.

It was a stressful shoot because I had one eye on my watch to check the time, another eye on the sky to check the light, and a third eye to check on him (to make sure he's not on the line).

But what was more memorable was at the end of the session, his parents, sister, brother-in-law and his niece and nephew had all gathered at the last stop for a family photo. Before that, he and Vicky had to pull off all the right moves and kisses and hugs for the camera, right before their eyes.

I say, that's a hallmark of a closely-knitted and liberal-minded family. I can't imagine myself doing that in front of my own folks. My family is close-minded and liberally-knitted. Whatever your interpretation is.














No comments: