Thursday, June 11, 2009

The day I felt like an EPL star

Not the money, not the booze, and certainly not the lap-dancers.
Injury to the knee ligament. Now I know how it felt to be an English Premier League star, when injured.
The left knee just refuses to bend, making it virtually impossible to put on my shorts on my own. Determined not to traumatise my girl to see her daddy walking around the house naked, I somehow contorted myself to put on some loose fitting undergarments. If you think it's easy, try it yourself.

The story was plain simple and stupid. I was forced off the bike path by a teenager who thought his grandfather owns the road. I think he was relishing his school-holiday freedom on his bike when he suddenly veered towards me just when I was trying to overtake him.

Watching me tumble head over heels on the tarmac road must have freaked his young mind out somewhat, or that he was a former voice actor who tried his best to provide a voiceover. I was quiet throughout (in my mind cursing) but this boy just refused to shut up by screaming "Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!" in a variety of pitches, as if he was the one who was bleeding on the forehead and knees. I was trying to come up with the most original expletives but in the end it was a mere tame "Next time please cycle in a straight line!"

I thought my injuries were just superficial abrasions and I was still able to cycle the 20km back. Unfortunately, the pain got worse and worse and the next morning, the left knee just refused to obey me anymore. The only upside to all this? Heehee....I am exempted from all kinds of chores and people actually brought me water and fruits without me lifting a finger.

Wonder how long I can fake it.....


4 comments:

eadwine said...

take care kc. man that looks bad.

KC_Wong said...

Thanks Ead. The ones you can see aren't too bad actually. It's the one inside and invisible that's troubling me.

Angelia -- aka Suping said...

Hope you are recovering well, KC.

yuhsin said...

wah...take care