Monday, June 08, 2009

Topless

The car is the main subject, as the owner is going to sell it in exchange for something more practical. That's the thing with getting married and starting a family.

Every consideration is made around the family. At least a three-bedroom unit, a seven-seater, family meal (more bang for my buck), beach/park (no entrance fees needed, cheapo!) etc.

I can sense a tinge of sadness in Jamie's voice as she spoke about the sale of the little red car, which she referred to as "Xiao Hong" (Little Red One). I would too. Bye bye to the "uber-cool", "individuality", and the "wind-in-the-hair freedom". Bye bye to the chick-magnet, and hello grey/faceless MPV. Sometimes, I still try to look cool by winding down the window of my Toyota Wish and let the wind caress my hair....which of course makes it easier for kind-hearted motorists to come up to me and said:" Uncle, you forgot to switch off your hazard lights."

No comments: