Thursday, June 11, 2009

Who's watching, really?

I decided to bring Yu Wen to the cinema today because it has been a long while my wife and I stepped into one since the birth of Yu Hao.Not knowing when I'll be able to watch a movie with my wife inside a cinema, so, running out of patience, I "cheated" on my wife by dating my daughter. There isn't much common choice for a 35-year-old AND a 3-year-old. For a second, I was tempted to buy tickets for "Drag me to hell", but the prospect of getting hell at home after my wife finds out diverted me to the more family-friendly "Monsters vs Aliens".

Coincidentally, just as KC is bring his girl to the cinema, CK (39east) is bringing his too.

I think a 3-year-old is too young to appreciate a full-length movie inside a huge, dark chamber. At least she didn't complain loudly, neither did she fidget about too much in her seat. The only parts that caught her attention were the female protagonist Susan's distress and fighting scenes. In the last 10 minutes of the movie, she eventually fell asleep on my lap.

On the whole, I had an enjoyable afternoon. I think "Drag me to hell" would have given me more bang for my buck. The cartoon was too short.

No comments: