Friday, August 08, 2008

08.08.08

I have had people asking me why not ask my wife to have a Caesarian birth on 08.08.08? Or remarks like "Waa....if only your son can be born on 20.08.2008, that'll be so auspicious!"

To me, these are just dates. What's most important is both mother and child are healthy. The finishing line is near, and my wife can't wait to dash across it, even though she can barely hobble nowadays.

I think some of the ministers of Singapore are more affected by 08.08.08 because most of them have to fly to Beijing for the opening of the Olympics, and then fly back to Singapore for the NDP, and after which, the ministers involved in the sports and community have to fly back to Beijing again!

I do hope they have outfitted their "Air Force One" with shower facilities.

All in the name of the love for your country.

No comments: