Sunday, August 17, 2008

Self-promo

This round of announcement of results of the latest photo contest organised by the Artistic Guild of Wedding Photojournalist Association (AGWPJA) came very much earlier than expected.

What's more unexpected is that I have the honour of winning three small awards.

Actually, unlike what other photographers think, winning these awards in itself prove nothing. It just means that some times, some of my pictures taken in some of the weddings go down well with some of the judges. It by no means give me license to jack up my rates. No.

I see it as a form of self promotion in this crowded industry. If I win awards, at least I have something to blog about, and it increases my visibility in the AGWPJA website, and it creates a buzz about Greymatter Photography.

For the sake of my business, I have to do things that go against my personality in order to improve the business. With the second kid coming, I can't afford to lepak lepak.

4th place under "Reception"


7th place under "Ceremony"


15th place under "Details"


And finally, good morning, good afternoon & good night! Singapore didn't strike gold in women's table-tennis, neither did Malaysia in men's badminton. There's always the next Olympics....but I don't have that many 4 years.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fwah! 大赢家!

congrats!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Colin