Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's about letting go!

Sheryl & Stephane are one of the most wackiest couples I've shot.
As some of you can see from my pre-wedding portfolio, I like romantic and "quiet" types of pictures, so in every pre-wedding shoot, I would try as much as I can to deliver such pictures, so that clients get what they see.

However, with Sheryl & Stephane, this rule just got thrown out of the window, and everything was guided by instincts. I would, like, try to ask them to do something romantic, but they would end up with totally something else.

I realise it's no use putting square pegs in round holes, and I just simply let everything go and let this wacky couple take me where they wanted to go (metaphorically). In the end, they became themselves, and I've never had more fun.

What it should have been....


What actually happened.


What it should have been...


What actually happened!


What it should have been....


What actually happened.


What it should have been....


How it ended up looking....


It could have been this romantic....


But it has never been more fun than this....

7 comments:

Guolin said...

This is so funny!

Anonymous said...

KC, Stephane & I would like to thank you for your outstanding work.
we viewed them at 12am last night. and could not stop, despite the whopping # of fotos.
Great Stuff. shot by a Master photographer.

Sheryl

Anonymous said...

these are so so fun!

Colin

KC_Wong said...

Hi Sheryl, it's a hyperbole to use Master Photographer on me.

Cartier-Bresson is a master; Eugene Smith is a master; Andre Kertesz is a master. Me, no. At least not in another 20 years.

I'm so glad both of you like these pictures. That makes three of us. :)

KC_Wong said...

Colin, I'm sure your wedding day is just as fun, if not more (because of all your sisters and brothers).

Anonymous said...

yah...more like brothers weaker then sister....i am getting ready for a beating already.......hahaha

Colin

CSNJ said...

Woa....Sheryl, that's funniest and wackiest....certainly good pics and celebrated!

Kudos to the photographer and to you both Sheryl & Stephane...wonderful,just wonderful...you make a handsome pair ! Heartiest congrats again !!

AJ